Energy Optimization for Savings: St. Mary’s General Hospital
St. Mary’s General Hospital in Kitchener had big plans for energy conservation. Blackstone’s solutions included important recommissioning/optimization of existing systems along with energy efficiency equipment upgrades to help the hospital reap significant savings.
- Conducted an ASHRAE Level 3 audit for 300,000 ft2
- Developed 7 Energy Conservation Measures and 3 Facility Improvement Measures
- Implemented a facility-wide LED lighting retrofit and installed new domestic water booster pumps
- Upgraded the existing softener and brine system
- Optimized chilling with 400hp VSD motor and cooling tower control
- Integrated a BlackPAC energy information and analytics system – an automated M&V platform